- McInroy, L. B., Zapcic, I., & Beer, O. W. J. (2021). Online fandom communities as networked counterpublics: LGBTQ+ youths’ perceptions of representation and community climate. Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1177/13548565211032377
- Boyd, D. T., Quinn, C. R., Jones, K. V., & Beer, O. W. J. (2021). Suicidal ideations and Attempts Within the Family Context: The Role of Parent Support, Bonding, and Peer Experiences with Suicidal Behaviors. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-021-01111-7
- Quinn, C. R., Beer, O. W. J., Boyd, D. T., Tirmazi, T., Nebbit, V., & Joe, S. (2021). An Assessment of the Role of Parental Incarceration and Substance Misuse in Suicidal Planning of African American Youth and Young Adults. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-021-01045-0
- McInroy, L. B., Beer, O. W. J. (2021). Adapting vignettes for online social science survey research: eliciting realistic responses to the digital milieu. International Journal of Social Research Methodology. https://www.doi.org/10.1080/13645579.2021.1901440
- Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., Letson, M. M., & Wolf, K. G. (2021). Personal and professional impacts of work-related stress alleviation strategies among child welfare workers in child advocacy center settings. Children and Youth Services Review, 122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105904
- McInroy, L. B., Beer, O. W. J. (2020). Wands up! Internet-mediated social advocacy organizations and youth-oriented connective action. New Media & Society. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444820964809
- Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., & Quinn, C. R. (2020). Exploring stress, coping, and health outcomes among social workers. European Journal of Social Work, 24(2), 317-330. https://doi.org/10.1080/13691457.2020.1751591
- Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., Stepney, L., & Quinn, C. R. (2020). The feasibility of mindfulness training to reduce stress among social workers: A conceptual paper. The British Journal of Social Work, 50(1), 243-263. https://doi.org/10.1093/bjsw/bcz104
- Letson, M. M., Davis, C., Sherfield, J., Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., & Wolf, K. G. (2019). Identifying compassion satisfaction, burnout, & traumatic stress in children’s advocacy centers. Child Abuse & Neglect, 110(3), 104240. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2019.104240
- Johnson-Motoyama, M., Phillips, R., & Beer, O. W. J. (2021). Disproportionality and disparities among Latinx children in J. Dettlaff (Ed.), Racial Disproportionality and Disparities in the Child Welfare System. Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-54314-3
- Bunger, A., & Beer, O. W. J. (2019). Recovery Orientated Systems of Care (ROSC) in Ohio: Statewide Assessment Results (2018). The Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities. https://www.oacbha.org/docs/ROSC_State_Report.pdf
- Beer, O. W. J., & Asthana, S. N. M. (2016). Breaking point. The British Association of Social Workers, 24-25. https://www.basw.co.uk/system/files/resources/basw_63949-5.pdf
- Beer, O. W. J., & Asthana, S. N. M. (2016). What can we do about stress and associated health risks? Evidence from a study of social workers in England. Social Work Helper. https://www.socialworkhelper.com/2016/10/26/can-stress-associated-health-risks/
- Beer, O. W. J., & Asthana, S. N. M. (2016). How stress impacts social workers and how they’re trying to cope. Community Care. https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2016/09/28/stress-impacts-social-workers-theyre-trying-cope/
- Beer, O. W. J., & Asthana, S. (2016). Breaking point. The British Association of Social Workers, 24-25.
- Beer, O. W. J. (2016). Project SEARCH Europe: Conference Report. Project SEARCH. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
Beer, O. W. J., & Asthana, S. (2016). What Causes Stress in Social Work?
Researchers Oliver Beer and Professor Sheena Asthana of Plymouth University, UK, decided to investigate. They surveyed 427 social workers in England, UK, and here is a brief look at what they discovered.