- Johnson-Motoyama, M., Ginther, D. K., Phillips, R., Beer, O. W. J., Merkel-Holguin, L., & Fluke, J. (2022). Differential response and the reduction of child maltreatment and foster care services utilization in the U.S. from 2004 to 2017. Child Maltreatment. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F10775595211065761
- McInroy, L. B., Zapcic, I., & Beer, O. W. J. (2021). Online fandom communities as networked counterpublics: LGBTQ+ youths’ perceptions of representation and community climate. Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1177/13548565211032377
- Quinn, C. R., Beer, O. W. J., Boyd, D. T., Tirmazi, T., Nebbit, V., & Joe, S. (2021). An assessment of the role of parental incarceration and substance misuse in suicidal planning of African American youth and young adults. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-021-01045-0
- Boyd, D. T., Quinn, C. R., Jones, K. V., & Beer, O. W. J. (2021). Suicidal ideations and attempts within the family context: The role of parent support, bonding, and peer experiences with suicidal behaviors. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-021-01111-7
- McInroy, L. B., Beer, O. W. J. (2021). Adapting vignettes for online social science survey research: eliciting realistic responses to the digital milieu. International Journal of Social Research Methodology. https://www.doi.org/10.1080/13645579.2021.1901440
- Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., Letson, M. M., & Wolf, K. G. (2021). Personal and professional impacts of work-related stress alleviation strategies among child welfare workers in child advocacy center settings. Children and Youth Services Review, 122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105904
- McInroy, L. B., Beer, O. W. J. (2020). Wands up! Internet-mediated social advocacy organizations and youth-oriented connective action. New Media & Society. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444820964809
- Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., & Quinn, C. R. (2020). Exploring stress, coping, and health outcomes among social workers. European Journal of Social Work, 24(2), 317-330. https://doi.org/10.1080/13691457.2020.1751591
- Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., Stepney, L., & Quinn, C. R. (2020). The feasibility of mindfulness training to reduce stress among social workers: A conceptual paper. The British Journal of Social Work, 50(1), 243-263. https://doi.org/10.1093/bjsw/bcz104
- Letson, M. M., Davis, C., Sherfield, J., Beer, O. W. J., Phillips, R., & Wolf, K. G. (2019). Identifying compassion satisfaction, burnout, & traumatic stress in children’s advocacy centers. Child Abuse & Neglect, 110(3), 104240. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2019.104240
- Beer, O. W. J., Beaujolais, B., Wolf, K. G., & Letson, M. M., (Under Review). How Children's Advocacy Center law enforcement officers cope with work-related stress: Impacts and approaches to self-care.
- McInroy, L. B., Beer, O. W. J., Kirsch, J., Haran, H. L., Klakos, K., Hechmer, C., & Holston, J. (Under Review). Feasibility and acceptability of online synchronous simulation: Building contemporary social work competencies and practice skills.
- Phillips, R., Beer, O. W. J., & Maleku, A. (Revise & Resubmit). Community Resilience: Conceptualization and operationalization within Social Science Research.
- Johnson-Motoyama, J., Ginther, D. K., Osland, P., Jorgensen, L., Phillips, R., Beer, O. W. J., Davis, S., & Sattler, P. (Revise & Resubmit). Association between State Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Policies, Child Protective Services Involvement and Foster Care in the US, 2004-2016.